The Orthodox School of Theology at Trinity College serves Christ, His Church and the world through Orthodox Christian theological education, research, and scholarship, and the promotion of inter-Orthodox cooperation.
In this way, the school prepares students for both ordained and lay ministry and as scholars so that they may build up Orthodox communities, foster church growth through mission and evangelism, teach the Orthodox faith, and care for those in need.
With God’s help and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Orthodox School of Theology aspires to be Canada's premier centre of Orthodox Christian scholarship and theological and pastoral education and to operate as an exemplary Orthodox Christian institution.
In every aspect of its life and work, the Orthodox School of Theology at Trinity College is guided by the following principles:
- To believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to adhere to His commandments, as expressed in the life and teachings of the Orthodox Christian Church
- To acknowledge our responsibility to communicate Orthodox Christianity to the world and to invite all to partake of the fullness of the faith
- To take a holistic approach to theological education and spiritual formation—integrating study, work, worship, and personal discipline
- To manifest Orthodox Christian love, service, worship, and learning in the life of the Orthodox School of Theology community
- To teach the critical appropriation of the Orthodox tradition in order to proclaim the unchanging gospel today
- To be committed to Orthodox unity in Canada and inter-Orthodox cooperation at all levels of Church life
- To be open, transparent, and responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us
- To undertake our work together through a process of intentional consultation, shared governance, and consensus-building
- To encourage every member of the community to be a full and active participant in our mission
- To expect all members of the community to hold the highest standards of professional ethics and personal integrity
- To aspire to excellence through continuous and ongoing improvement
- To be committed to fairness, respect, and hospitality for all members of the community
As sinful human beings, we acknowledge that we will inevitably fall short of these high ideals. As Christians, we will constantly seek forgiveness for our mistakes and do our best to correct them.